“I’m talking about penetration. Beyond the veil of the flesh.” -the fly.
October 7, 2010 § 1 Comment
- best way someone i don’t know well has started a conversation with me:
“so tell me ‘right-brained rebecca…'”
- something i broke this week: window shade. I ripped it down the middle.
- book i finished this week: Paul Auster’s New York Trilogy. (I re-read several parts. I will probably re-read this entire book very soon.)
- poet that i read sitting on a dock over looking the long island sound: Marina Tsvetaeva. (Absolutely mind-blowing translation)
- favorite chocolate purchased: Lindt’s Intense Orange (dark chocolate)
- best random moment photographed: seagull eating a starfish.
- best purchase this week: Whiteboard! (Dry-erase… whatever). I have been using this non stop to remember appointments- write quotes, scrawl sleepy half fogged dreams. Sometimes I wake up at 2 a.m. and I like that what I write there will hit me in the face when I wake up and will stay with me until something else consumes my morning.
- great recipe for monday ear meat-pie to listen to in the car: about six seconds of die antwoord. follow this by approximately 45 seconds of eddie money. change it up with some solo action from obituary’s cause of death (whole thing), plan exit to something melvins-y. usually from bullhead because it gets the wacky gears grinding.
- best correspondence from an awesome brit: jules. (he surprises me!)
- most looked forward to show: SWANS at the Masonic Temple tomorrow. earplugs. buttplugs. you get the gist. we’ll all be sacks of skin and they’ll string up our sinew and pluck us raw.
I decided to do this instead of sharing anything I’m working on. I don’t really have time to write anything cohesive that would pass as a blog post. Blogging is very, very serious. I know that I reach some people out there- and that makes me feel great. I write this stuff for you- and I will write more. Soon.
October is the best month of the entire year. Don’t fuck it up and don’t waste it. Don’t let the leaves fall behind your back and make sure you call me this week so we can walk arm in arm through this. New York sucks the least in October. This may be scientifically proven one day. It is also the brokest month for me- the month when I’m sensitive to everything- genuine qualities in people I love, etc.
Also my friends are doing fucking rad art and making me really proud.
(*note this is how it is spelled)